We are extremely grateful for photographic contributions and want to encourage this, but there have been some legal implications of copyright law in recent times. Some U3As have had to pay considerable payments for breach of copyright. In order to make the situation quite clear we would like to advise you of the following.
- Tonbridge U3A expects that the provider does own copyright to the photograph, that is the provider has taken the photograph.
- Members are advised that when they contribute photographs for use on the website or the Journal that they are aware that we assume they are passing the copyright to Tonbridge U3A for free.
- Alternatively they may retain the copyright but are assumed to give Tonbridge U3A permission to use the photographs for free.
- In this case they should notify us that such is their wish and ensure that they have our acknowledgement from Tonbridge U3A of the notification.
- If they wish to withdraw the agreement, they should give use reasonable notice of that fact.